This is a very gooey textured cupcake recipe which uses ginger and fresh apple to make Ginger and Apple Cupcakes
. The recipe does not rise very high so fill the cupcake cases to the level you want the cupcakes at, I say this with caution as ovens do vary.Ingredients
150gm--5 1/2 oz--2/3 cup of unsalted butter
175gm--6oz--1 cup of soft brown sugar
2 tablespoons of black treacle/molasses
225gm--8oz--2 cups of plain flour(all purpose)
1 teaspoon of baking powder
2 teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda(baking soda)
2 teaspoons of ground ginger
150ml--1/4 pint--2/3 cup 0f milk
1 egg beaten
2 eating apples peeled, cored and chopped and tossed in 1 tablespoon of lemon juiceMethod
1. Put cupcake cases into a tray about 15 large
2. Melt the butter, sugar,treacle in a pan over a low heat and leave to cool.
3. Sieve the flour , baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and ginger into a mixing bowl
4. Add the milk, beaten eggs and the cooled butter mixture from the pan to the dry ingredients in the bowl.
5. Add the apples
6. Mix everything together and spoon into the cupcake cases.
7. Cook at gas 4--350f--180C. I put them in the upper part of my gas oven. For 20 minutes.
These could be topped with butter cream with ground ginger added to the mixture and piped or spread onto the cupcakes.
Just serve them plain for those who do not like butter cream
If you want to make a loaf instead of cupcakes put into a 9 inch square tin and bake for 35 minutes at gas 3--170C--325F.
This is a big cake and cupcake recipe
Thanks for coming by to the blog
Do you like homemade soup? I have just put my latest soup recipe on my soup blog . Go to ROASTED TOMATO SOUP RECIPE
Labels: Ginger and Apple Cupcakes